Home Insurance

We provide coverage for most types of homes. We can also coordinate your entire insurance program to include your auto, business, and other property. 

The standard home policy includes the following coverages:


Am I covered if a neighbor slips & sues?  
The liability portion of your homeowner policy was designed for situations like these: paying medical expenses, up to your policy limit, and the legal costs to defend you against a lawuit--covering accidental bodily injury and property damage that you or your family members cause other people.  This protection follows you around the world.

Liability can also pay for damage caused by your pets. So, if yourdog accidentally ruins your neighbor's expensive rug, your policy may pay for the damages. This is not coverage for when your pet destroys your own rug. Limits start at $100,000. Experts recommend you purchase at least $300,000 worth of protection. You may want to consider an Umbrella Policy for broader coverage and higher liability limits.

Your House:

This part of your policy pays to repair or rebuild your home if it is damaged or destroyed by fire, hurricane, hail, lightning, or other accidental, covered damages.. Typically, it will not pay for damage caused by a flood, earthquake, or routine wear and tear. When purchasing coverage for the structure of your home, it is important to buy enough to rebuild your home.

Most standard policies also cover structures detached from your home, such as a garage, tool shed, or gazebo. Generally, these structures are covered up to 10% the amount you keep on your home. Be sure to talk to your agent if you need more coverage.

Personal Belongings: 

Your furniture, clothes, sports equipment, and other things are covered if they are stolen, destroyed by fire, hurricane, and other insured disasters. The best way to determine if you have enough coverage is to conduct a home inventory.

Expensive items like jewelry, furs, and silverware are covered, but usually with a very restricted limit on theft.  To insure these items to their full value, add the item to your policy for its appraised value. Coverage then includes “accidental disappearance,” meaning coverage if you simply lose that item.  And there is typically no deductible.

My child is away at college.  Does my homeowners policy cover possessions he took for theft & damage?
Yes, but be sure to check with your agent for the specific amount of coverage—electronic equipment taken to college quickly exceed the standard coverage you may have.

1905 Stadium Drive
Bozeman, Montana 59715
Phone:  406-587-5111
Toll Free: 800-606-9378
Fax:  406-587-9162

24-Hour Client Access

• Issue Auto ID Cards
• Request Changes
• Access Policy Information